DERMAPLANING TRAINING COURSE
Dermaplaning is an advanced form of exfoliating treatment to remove dead skin cells and vellus hair (peach fuzz) from the surface of the skin. This effective, safe and relaxing treatment has gained popularity among cosmetic and medical esthetics professionals worldwide.
The benefits of dermaplaning are:
- Removes soft facial hair (vellus hair) that traps in dirt and oil
- Effective exfoliation of top layer containing dead skin cells
- Promotes softer and smoother skin
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Diminishes the look of fine lines
- Better product absorption and penetration
- Instant results with no downtime
The iBrow Academy has collaborated with Dermaplane Pro, a global leader in Dermaplaning Training and product distribution, to offer this comprehensive program that combines theory and hands on training.
Dermaplaning Training through The iBrow Academy is a one day certification course. The course structure will provide students with the dedicated time and experience for students to become skillful technicians.
Students will be trained to use a butter-blade scalpel to shave the surface of the skin to remove the dead skin cells and vellus hair.
Hands on training is of paramount importance to The iBrow Academy, as such we ensure that you are provided with the experience of working on live models in a fully supervised setting. Students are also given the opportunity to receive the treatment themselves if so desired; this treatment will be administered by a fellow student or instructor.
It is a pre-requisite that all students be an Esthetician and Skin Care Professional
All iBrow Dermaplaning Trainers are professionals Licensed Esthetician with experience in education and training.
CLICK ON COURSE NAME TO REGISTER
|Start Date||Name Details||Location||Price||Status|
|May 10, 2019||715 Salter St, Winnipeg, MB R2V 2E5, Canada||From $600.00||Limited Course Spots Available|
|June 10, 2019||715 Salter St, Winnipeg, MB R2V 2E5, Canada||From $600.00||Limited Course Spots Available|
|July 15, 2019||715 Salter St, Winnipeg, MB R2V 2E5, Canada||From $600.00||Limited Course Spots Available|
|August 16, 2019||715 Salter St, Winnipeg, MB R2V 2E5, Canada||From $600.00||Limited Course Spots Available|
|September 19, 2019||715 Salter St, Winnipeg, MB R2V 2E5, Canada||From $600.00||Limited Course Spots Available|
|October 24, 2019||715 Salter St, Winnipeg, MB R2V 2E5, Canada||From $600.00||Limited Course Spots Available|
|November 22, 2019||715 Salter St, Winnipeg, MB R2V 2E5, Canada||From $600.00||Limited Course Spots Available|
|December 6, 2019||715 Salter St, Winnipeg, MB R2V 2E5, Canada||From $600.00||Limited Course Spots Available|
- 1 Day Comprehensive Training
- Professional Kit
- Training Manual
- Demonstration DVD
- Apprenticeship Opportunities
- Access to The iBrow Academy Support Team
- Dermaplaning Certificate
1 Day | Models Required – 1 in Class
$600 + tax
THEORY & LIVE MODEL
Class Time: 10am – 4pm
- Dermaplaning Theory
- Purpose of Dermaplaning
- Dermaplaning vs other forms of physical exfoliation
- Hand pieces and blade types
- Instrument selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, ergonomics, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
- Blood spill procedure as it pertains to dermaplaning
- Keys to Success
- proper sanitation
- Client selection
- Record keeping requirements
- Hands on Training (each student will receive the treatment and give the treatment)
It is preferred for students to dress in black attire. Please bring indoor shoes.
All students registering for this course must be either an Esthetician or a Skin Care Professional.
Our aim is for each student to receive and give the treatment, so no outside models will be required. If you have any of the following contra-indications and cannot receive the service, please notify us as soon as possible so a model can be supplied in your place.
The areas that will be dermaplaned on will be the forearms, legs and face. It is important to bring shorts or pants that can be pulled up to expose the upper thigh.
- Diabetes (not controlled)
- Blood Thinners
- Frequent or High Dosage of Asprin
- History of Bleeding Problems
- Delayed clotting
- Grade 3 or 4 Acne
- Chemical peel
- Laser treatment
- Active cold sores
- Several moles + skin tags
- Sunburned skin
- Windburned skin
PRIOR TO CLASS
If at all possible, stay off of exfoliants, peels, laser treatments, botox and excessive sun exposure for two weeks prior to class.
Students will receive their Dermaplaning Certificate upon completion of the course.