Fundamental Skin Care
Course length: 5 days (2 days of online theory and 3 days in class teaching)
Course Cost: $1695
This course is designed for individuals wanting to advance their knowledge in skin care and pursue a career in the beauty industry.
Fundamental Skin Care is taught over 5 days and will focus on teaching students about the anatomy and physiology of the skin. Students will specifically focus on diseases and disorders, client consultation, facial devices and technology, and how to do a proper skin analysis. Our class sizes will run with a maximum of 4-5 students to allow for more specialized training and hands on learning.
Students will be taught by one of our medical estheticians and certified skin specialist whose experience range from 10 to 32 years of formal training and experience. In addition to being taught by an expert in the field of esthetics, all students will be provided with the latest edition textbook containing over 700 pages of reference material.
If you have a passion for skin and would like to advance your knowledge in order to establish a career in the beauty industry, then this fundamental skin care course is the place to start! Students, interested in taking more advanced skin care courses such as dermaplaning, microneedling, and BB Glow, will find that the fundamental skin care course provides them with the baseline training to advance onto these other courses.
At the end of this training, your knowledge of skin structure, functions, disorders, and treatments, will deepen and you will have a greater understanding and appreciation of skin and the unlimited earning potential you can achieve through advancing your training!
CLICK ON COURSE NAME TO REGISTER
*Students are expected to read the assigned chapters from part 1 and part 2 of the textbook before the first day of class.
Part 1: Anatomy and Physiology of the skin
- Structure & functions of the cells
- Types of tissues found in the body
- Accessory organs to the skin
- Review of the Muscular, Circulatory, Immune & lymphatic systems
- Hormonal changes and how it affects the health of the skin
Part 2: Physiology, Histology, Diseases & disorders & skin analysis
- Attributes of a healthy skin
- Primary function of each layer of the skin
- Nerves, Glands and other factors that influence the skin
- Identifying diseases & disorders
- Identifying different types of skin lesions
- Recognize common skin conditions such as acne and dermatitis
- How to do a proper skin analysis & determine contraindications
Part 3: Consultation, Facial devices & Technology
- The importance of the use of facial devices
- Benefits of using a hot towel cabinet & facial steamer
- How to use a Wood’s lamp & magnifying lamp